Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Natural Cold Remedy

My favorite go to when natural isn't cutting it!

Immune booster!

Oh No!!!

I'm Sick with a cold!






DH came home with a stuffy nose from work the other day, by the time he woke up from a nap, it had entered his chest and he was sick sick sick. And also very contagious unfortunately.  I came down with chest cold two days ago (please stay out of my sinuses).

I hate taking cold medicine, I am sensitive to them and usually have to take a child's dose so I don't crawl out of my skin.  I equally hate being sick though, so I will usually back my natural remedies with medicine if I'm not feeling better in a timely manner (like yesterday!).  I also regularly take L-Lysine to boost my immune system, I'm not working full time right now and I'm a little stressed so the Lysine helps keep mouth sores at bay and hopefully either keep myself from getting sick and/or help not get as sick and get well quicker.

A couple of good friends lent me recipes for a natural cold remedies that I'd like to share with you all for making hot toddies and a cough and cold remedy. 

For cold remedy:

3 c Pineapple juice (has 3x's the vitamin C than most other juices)
1  c Lemon juice or   6 lemons juiced
2 Tbl honey
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
1 whole garlic bulb, peeled

Put all of the above in a blender and blend for 1 minute to chop the garlic fine.  Drink one cup every 4 hours.  It burns going down and you may not smell too good.  But I can tell that I am not as sick as DH was and I hope to mend quicker.  The cold remedy can be taken as a preventive measure if you have other sickos in the home.  

For hot toddy:

3Tbl boiling water
1.5 Tbl Whiskey
2 Tbl honey
1.5 Tbl lemon

Put all ingredients in tea or coffee cup.  Drink while hot as needed for cough, you'll either stop coughing or go to sleep, either way its good lol.

I hope everyone stays as well as possible during this cold season, don't forget your flu shot this year!

For more information about Thyme For Tobe' and our services, please go to www.thymefortobe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment