Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chicken and Sausages


CHICKEN AND SAUSAGES

     Chicken and sausages is one of my husband's mother's signature dishes.  It is the perfect Sunday meal, everything slow roasting in the oven at the lowest setting (240 in my oven) until its browned and cooked through.  When I tell people how simple this meal is, they rarely believe me.  Our family loves dark meat so I use the drumstick and thighs, however, it would be just as easy to use a whole cut up chicken or just breasts depending on your families preferences.  I make sure I have at least two to three peices per person.  I prefer to buy sweet italian sausages because my husband is sensitive to spicy, but spicy or a mix of both would be really tasty too.  I sausage per person.  I cut the sausages up into three peices, leaving the skin on.  I cut up one red potato or small russet for each person into six to eight peices.  

     After I have all of the above cut into portions, I place them into baking pans, drizzle a good amount of olive oil, two to three crushed garlic cloves, salt and cracked pepper and a couple of shakes of dry oregano and basil, chopped green and red bell peppers and toss until everything is coated generously.  I bake this mixture for approximately 3 hours on the lowest oven setting 240 to 250, adding frozen peas the last 10 minutes.  Its a simple meal that smells and tastes like hours of effort went into it!  You can spray your face with water and sprinkle on flour and make it look like you slaved.  

This meal is featured on my new personal catering menu.  It can be frozen for up to two weeks or refrigerated for one.  Bon Appetite!

www.thymefortobe.blogspot.com or 909/272-5047

No comments:

Post a Comment