Monday, October 13, 2014

Zuccini Noodles with Chicken and Sausages in Olive Oil



Gluten Free Chicken and Sausages with Zucchini Noodles

My diabetic Italian husband's favorite vegetables are candy corn.....I know!  Its frustrating at times to try to find a vegetable he will eat without giving me a hard time.  But then I found, if I prepare some vegetables the way I know he'll like them, he will at least try them and most of the time he even likes them.

I am experimenting with different recipes for my blog and while thinking of a way to serve leftover roasted chicken and sausages, I decided to try making zucchini noodles.  I don't have a proper julienne tool at the time, I usually do this by hand, so I decided to use vegetable peeler and make long thin slices.  I Placed them on a dish towel inside a bowl in the refrigerator to let them dry a little (about an hour).  I heated 1 tsp of olive oil and melted 1.5 tsps of butter in a large saute' pan with two sliced gloves of garlic, tossed in zucchini mixing well and cooked on med high, stirring twice (I didn't want zucchini to lose texture and become mushy)  then I added the chopped leftover sausages and chicken and served with fresh shredded Parmesan.  My husband ate his entire plate!  Probably won't get away with serving this too often to him but I'm sure I'll find something equally as good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment