Sunday, October 5, 2014


GARLIC HERB ROASTED PRIME RIB

     I remember the very first time I ever ate prime rib, it was applewood roasted, served rare (what good instincts I had) at Reuben's Steakhouse and Fresh Seafood Grill, The Moonraker located on MacArthur Avenue in Santa Ana circa 1983-84.  It was the most savory, buttery, pure beef flavor steak, you know?  I don't think I spoke for five minutes.  Since then, I have enjoyed prime rib roasted and flavored many various ways.  In addition, shortly after, I went to work for Reuben's Steakhouse in Riverside, California, as a server and eventually an assistant manager.  I was really spoiled in the culinary department.  One aspect for ordering prime rib never changes for me, it's either under medium rare or the end cut, where the majority of the flavors settle,enriching the Prime Rib.  What can I say?  Prime Rib is my favorite steak to order and  I love it the way I love it.  I also really appreciate a spicy horseradish sauce and delicious au jus.  
     
     Perhaps more than eating Prime Rib, if possible, I enjoy cooking one for my family and friends more.  I have prepared prime rib many various ways: roasted or smoked; herb crusted; beer basted, infused, etc...The Prime Rib I serve on the menu  at Thyme For Tobe' is hand-cut, encrusted with savory rosemary, fresh crushed garlic, kosher salt and cracked pepper and roasted over an herb filled beer bath; served with a creamy horseradish sauce and aromatic, tasty au jus.  My suggestions for sides on the menu would be sweet corn chowder or garden salad, garlic smashed potatoes, and roasted vegetables.  

     If you are having a small affair, ask Tobe' about appetizer's and platters!

     My home catering menu will be available for viewing  by the end of the week.  I am available in the Riverside, Corona, Chino Hills and surrounding areas.  

Thyme For Tobe' 909/272-5047

No comments:

Post a Comment